A blog about Good Food, Sustainable Living and Learning as we go.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sundays w/ Sara: Superbowl Edition

Happy "big game" Day everyone. Go Pats? I don't know... what ever...

So we have been blessed with a bit of good fortune. Its kind of shocking with our history of bad awful terrible horrifically abysmal luck, and it still hasn't quite sunk in; someone gave us a car. A pair of kind relatives (thank you Jan & David :-D) have bestowed upon us a vehicle. We have been getting around couple of beach cruisers up until yesterday and I mean to keep using mine, I seriously love it... but DAMN is this helpful to have a car. So, thank you so very, very much. We love you. There is literally not enough ways to say "thank you" for what you have done for us. This is awesome.


In other news, I got to hold a Marlin 922M yesterday. That was fun. First time in a long time... didn't get to shoot it (there is a pin or spring that needs replacing) but I anticipate getting to show my mom how to shoot soon. Every girl should handle a firearm at some point... its too enjoyable not too.

I painted my nails, baked some muffins, ate a yummy sandwich at moms, assembled a new desk and though about Facebook. I am feeling a little lost without the ability to "feed" every single silly thought that pops into my head into a constant stream of other silly thoughts, but honestly I am better off... Its like not having cable; once in a while you miss it, but generally I feel like a more complete and happy person without it in my life.







 PS - Cell Phone pictures SUCK, sorry, but our camera is broken. We are working on getting a new one soon. I hope. One thing at a time.













Beau got some skin cancer removed this week. He is going to have a big, lovely 3 inch long scar on his forearm and 3 on his back about the size of dimes. Hopefully they got all of it. He goes back in 2 weeks for a follow up and to have the stitches removed. I will spare you the pictures here. I'm sure they will be on Facebook sooner or later. He is also slated to start his new job next week, so that is good. Wewt for good news.

*He has just informed me that he popped a stitch in the shower. Oh boy! *ick*

LB is swell, as always. He has doubled his food intake and is growing like a weed; he is as tall as most of the 3 year olds we know, which is bad ass. His vocabulary has gotten "colorful"... as in he heard me say "oh shit" the other day and now its his favorite thing to say. He completely gets how to use it too... Ug.

And one of the baby guy to keep the gang happy, since no one wants to hear about me anyway :-P
That's all for today... go enjoy your commercials, I mean football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment