A blog about Good Food, Sustainable Living and Learning as we go.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

In the Kitchen w/ Sara: Cauliflower Crab Cakes

Yesterday was eventful. Many many productive things were done...

I may be starting a new job next week, my first in 2 and a half years; LB has a check up today and shots (that outta be fun); A day care center has been selected (we can't enroll until after the boys shot record is up to date); My phone broke and a new one is on the way *thpt* and I cooked up something spectacular last night. But more on that in a minute.

LB came to a conclusion yesterday. A couple actually, one is that he no longer wants to take naps apparently, and the other came to him while I was doing dishes. My back was turned, I wasn't paying immediate attention to him, he decided the best way to get my attention was to remove his diaper, pee on the chair, and dance naked around the kitchen. *sigh* I just washed the cushions too.

Anyhoo... For dinner yesterday evening I just pulled a recipe off of the interwebz, Googlin' what I had: Cauliflower & Crab. So I made Cauliflower Crab Cakes. I don't have a camera because that broke, and since my phone also broke I had no way to take a picture of my pretties, so the photo below is from the website (several sites had identical ones actually, so this recipe has been around.. re-posted a million times without any actual original credit, so who knows where this came from... not that it is that frigg'n complex, really...). I skipped the celery since we didn't have any, but it wasn't missing anything without it. I added a little garlic in its place. And a couple tablespoons of breadcrumbs to help hold it together. Breaking 2 pounds of crab legs open and extracting the yummy insides left my fingers pruny, but it was worth it.


Cauliflower Crab Cakes

by MAGNOLIA on OCTOBER 22, 2009
Post image for Cauliflower Crab Cakes
  • 2 cups crabmeat
  • 2 cups cooked and mashed cauliflower
  • 1/3 cup minced celery
  • 1/3 cup minced onion
  • 1 Tbsp parsley
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • Extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil (for saute’ing)
  • Salt & Pepper to taste.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the olive oil.  form into 6 patties and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.  Brown in skillet lightly coated with olive oil. 
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving: Calories 160 – Calories from Fat 40 – Total Fat 4.5 g  Saturated Fat 1 g – Cholesterol 140 mg – Sodium 500 mg – Total Carbohydrate 6 g Dietary Fiber 2 g – Sugars 2 g – Protein 24 g – Calcium 10% DV

No comments:

Post a Comment