A blog about Good Food, Sustainable Living and Learning as we go.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sundays w/ Sara: The Hunger Games Edition

I know, its Tuesday not Sunday, but I was too tired on Sunday after the beach in the AM and the movie in the PM to do anything but veg.

So we went to Cinebistro to see the Hunger Games. And it was REALLY good. Its been a very, very, very, very, very, very long time since I saw a movie in the theater that I #1) wanted to see and #2) enjoyed. I am a very critical person when it comes to entertainment since almost everything sucks so bad these days. I had been introduced to the books a few months ago, so I had read them and enjoyed them though I found them to be a bit hurried. On the heels of the wild success of the Twilight series (I admit it... I enjoyed them too... and I am only slightly ashamed) the Hunger Games series felt like it was written to be made into movies. Well paced, but with an impression of being slightly rushed.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the books, but this is one of those rare instances where the film outshines the book... at least in my opinion.  It felt like the proper manifestation of the story. Perfectly cast... Katniss was just as I had imagined, but I still hate her name. Cinna was EXACTLY like I had pictured and I love that they cast Lenny Kravitz. Gale was beautiful. President Snow wasn't how I imagined, but I love Donald Sutherland as a bad guy any day. I wish they had shown more of the Capitol and more of the stylist team. I was interested to see how they would look, but they are only show briefly. The "documentary" look of the movie was spot on and really lent gravity to the overall feel of the film. I actually shed a tear or two.

I am really excited for the next movie, whenever that may be. I hope the same Director does the next 2 and I hope they don't try to split any into multiple movies... The lost of some information would be worth it to keep i a nice, balanced trilogy. I hate when they break it in to two parts...

Anyway, it was great. Go see it.

This is pretty cool.
Print from Entropy Trading Co. via Etsy - I fell in love with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment