A blog about Good Food, Sustainable Living and Learning as we go.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday w/ Sara: Paddys Day Edition

Happy St. Paddys day to you all. It fell on a freaking weekend this year so we can actually do something w/o regret. Or can we... *dramatic, tension building music* but more on that in a minute.

So I have slacked off hardcore these last couple of weeks with the blogging. I just haven't been able to find the time... I am *still* frick'n sick... week 4 of coughing, soar throat, earache and congestion. I am really, really tired of it. No time for a doctor though... my work load doubled at work because someone just vanished and another person is resigning... so I have even less energy and time. How do people do it? I hope it levels out at some point... this work/mom/wife thing is a bit overwheming and I still haven't managed to figure out how to tie in friends and family yet.

Beau has been sick too this week. I confess I was a bit jealous when he got to lay in bed all day resting, knowing that I will never ever get to do that unless I am in a hospital. Then low and behold it was me in the bed with a migraine so bad I couldn't even move. AND THEN SUDDENLY... we were in the hospital. For Beau... his headache had gotten so bad that it merited a trip to the ER. They ran blood work, did a CT scan and 2, count 'em 2, spinal taps. All came back in the clear, so the "Meningitis Scare of 2012" was just a scare and nothing more. I think the doc was worst case scenario-ing it for us. He had the nicest doctor though. I think her name was Dr. Rae. She was so sweet and very attentive. Dr. For-The-Win.  And I got a chance to finish my Hunger Games trilogy. It was OK...

We are home now, and Beau is recuperating over coconut waters, tropical fruits, lox & bagels... and Mass Effect 3.

*sigh*

Anyhoo, on to much more better things. Here is LB building tall things with blocks. :-)


2 comments:

  1. thank you honey for being the best wife and takin care o me. I love you so much. I'm sorry you haven't had a chance to rest i will do my best to give you that chance. As soon as i mend i'll be there. I feel bad but you are doing a wonderful job of stayin on top o stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Honey! You do read my blog. :-) lol I love you. You don't need to thank me for doing what I do, or return the "favor". I was just being whiny. ^_~

      Delete