A blog about Good Food, Sustainable Living and Learning as we go.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Sundays w/ Sara: The Key Largo Edition

So Beaus 30th Birthday was this past weekend. He tried to deny it for a couple of days but finally gave in after the capture of a 15-20 pound black fin tuna whilst deep sea fishing (yes, I got sick...) on Saturday about 25 miles off the coast of Key Largo. It wasn't the biggest fish ever caught, but it was Beau biggest fish and it has given him "the Fever". I may never see my husband again, what with all the sneaking off to fish and all... meh... as long as he brings Momma home something to cook, I'll be happy. He is fishing as I type. He will probably still be fishing when you read this.



Pictures and video of the actual event to come as soon as Mom sends them. *hint-hint*, other photos to be found on FB. Oh yeah, I gave in an went back to FB, if I forgot to mention that. My smug sense of superiority is shattered.

ANyhOo...

Today, THIS was brought to my attention. It is all that is epic and I may have to register.


I have never done a race, let alone an obstacle course-race with zombie hordes, but I honestly don't see how I can pass this up... get some exercise, get dirty, get turned into a zombie or not, get a medal... how can this be a bad day? You get a medal even if you don't place... which I probably won't, so really I just want a zombie medal but they won't let me buy it so I have no choice but to race. I have 6 months to train. They even have a training page with CrossFit type workouts called Z.A.P. - Zombie Awareness Program. I will be doing this. Its in Orlando in November and its $67 if you register by June 6th. It goes up $10 bucks for the following 2 months and again another $10 bucks for the last 2 months before the race. Spectator tickets (for the post-race party) are like $22 bucks. I hope I can spare the dough to register... I would really like to do this. Its like Tough Mudder, only less tough and there are zombies.

Who wants to do this with me? It will be OSM.

Oh, and I started a juice fast today. I'm going to try to go 2 weeks. If I can get the money situation worked out (as in I can still afford to feed my family and do this too) I will try to go the whole month. Detox, Cleanse, start training.

I have a plan. Wheels are in motion. Gears are turning. Shit is happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment